Future-proofing is now one of the hottest topics and trends in the property industry. You love your home now, but will the technology be relevant in 10, 20, 30 years to come? Future-proofing is essentially looking ahead and making changes that will keep your home technologically relevant, for decades to come.
We are becoming increasingly reliant on technology in our everyday lives, and this is reflected throughout our homes. Here at Safe N Sound Electrical, home automation specialist Sydney, we are predicting home automation/future-proofing to enter the mainstream, and be a standard and expected feature throughout homes, sooner rather than later.
Below is a list of Safe N Sound, home automation specialist Sydney, top tips for future-proofing your home.
Our Top Tips For Future-Proofing Your Home
- Make your home ‘smarter’. Smart technology allows you to control things such as heating, lighting, home surveillance systems, AC and even appliances remotely via a smartphone or tablet computer. The purchase and installation of these types of gadgets doesn’t have to be hugely expensive, and it will definitely add longevity and value to your home. As Sydney’s premier lighting and home automation specialists, we can help you explore the best options to suit your needs.
- Make energy-efficient improvements. Replacing traditional lighting and outdated appliances with more energy-efficient models will prove to be very cost-effective, long term. Besides the monthly savings, newer high-end appliances are built to last with a 21st-century lifestyle in mind.
- Make room for an aging population. Future-proofing homes to accommodate the needs of senior occupants is a hot topic. Homes that have adaptable living spaces in terms of technology and lighting to accommodate changes in lifestyles, and meet the demands of multi-generational occupants, are rapidly gaining in popularity.
- Make wiring changes for the future. Unless you have a relatively new home, it probably wasn’t wired to serve as a platform for the ever-evolving technologies we are now faced with. When upgrading wiring, think of where you want to have access to Internet, Ethernet, cable or other wiring in your home and how that may change in the future. Then wire your home accordingly. During the wiring process, it’s a great idea to run an extra conduit to accommodate future wiring needs as technology evolves—making your home even more future-proof and adaptable.
- Make your home more eco-friendly. The installation of LEDs, newer technology and a solar energy system are some of the best eco-friendly steps you can take to future proof your home.
When it comes to home automation the options are continuously evolving. Here at Safe N Sound Electrical, home automation specialist Sydney, we can help you explore the best options to future proof your home, and help you find the right solution for your goals and budget.
Book a quote here via our easy online system.